Where do I begin the process of applying for and acquiring financial aid assistance?

Financial Aid
Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply for federal student aid and to apply for most state and college aid. 
 Begin by applying for a Department of Education Pin number  www.pin.ed.gov. For most students under the age of 25, the parent must also obtain a PIN number.